Wednesday, February 6, 2013

PRE-WORKOUT GOODNESS

PRE-WORKOUT NECESSITY THIS GOOD WEDNESDAY MORNING

I have come to realize that some things are just an absolute necessity for me on this journey. Point blank, my taste buds matter to me but so does being fit and enjoying the body that I am in. I have had to work diligently at find a way for those desires to fit well in my life. Hence there are some things that are just a necessity for me before I go to workout.  


I generally do my workouts in the morning. I rise early, somewhere around 6am to hit the gym. I am usually hungry when I wake up to go to the gym and God knows I have to have something to look forward to other than simply workout out. I look forward to eating my bars, or a small cup of cereal before I hit the gym. But like I said, It must (1) taste good to me and (2) align with my desires to be fit. So, as I go down the grocery aisle while shopping for my bars I must consider that reality. I LOVE LOVE LOVE things that have peanut butter in them and chocolate with it is not a bad idea. And you can't beat 110 CALORIES!!! 


So I examine the box for 4 major things: calories, protein, and fiber. If it is low in calories, and for me that is under 150 calories, has a decent amount of protein or fiber (4 or higher) and has the ingredients that are pleasing to my taste buds, then it is a winner!!!!


And this week, that seems to be Special K Chocolate and Peanut Butter protein and fiber bar. So I grab my bar, my water and I run out the house before I find a reason to stay home and get back in the bed :-)  Trust me, every little thing matters on this journey. Everyone has to find that thing that works for them, motivates them and gives them the small touches of joy while trying to remain consistent in the fight for their life. At least, that's a little bit of how my journey works. 


HOW DOES YOUR JOURNEY WORK? WHAT'S YOUR PRE-WORKOUT FAVORITE SNACK?

No comments:

Post a Comment