Tuesday, February 5, 2013

MY DIRTY LAUNDRY...


DIRTY LAUNDRY THOUGHTS ON A TUESDAY MORNING

This morning when I came home from the gym I realized that my hamper was full of dirty workout clothes. Oh the small things in life that make such a huge difference. How often have you been grateful for the dirty laundry? For me, it represents commitment, consistency, diligence, perseverance, drive and dedication. So many times I have awaken to the thought, “I really don’t want to workout today. I’ll go tomorrow.” But then it hits me, I am not going to feel any different tomorrow morning than I do this morning so, I might as well just go. I always feel better after the workout. I always feel accomplished and strong. But it’s the process of getting out of bed, and actually getting to the gym that is the most difficult part. But today, TODAY was a good day. Because today, I felt the accomplishment tied to a hamper full of dirty workout clothes. And as I placed each item in the washing machine, I felt like an athlete simply preparing for the next leg of the race. Oh the journey is bittersweet but today, TODAY was sweet!! 




1 comment:

  1. Blessings to you sister! Keep up with the inspiration and encouragement. You've inspired me to join the BGR Group where I will be actively running with the group 3 days a week. So please keep me in the loop on your progress and don't be afraid to push me the "extra mile". :-)

    ReplyDelete