Sunday, February 10, 2013

BOMB STUFFED BELL PEPPERS...

MY DELICIOUS HOME-MADE STUFFED BELL PEPPERS!



Now don't those look just delicious? I have recently found myself buying food out and not really making the time to cook my meals. Anyone on this health and fitness journey knows how crucial meal prep is....it's pretty darn necessary. It saves you money and it creates an environment of eating that is bit more health conscious than what you will found out on the streets. When I eat out I eat pretty healthy but it is sooo not cheap to eat healthy when out and I still don't know everything that is going into those dishes. Thus, cooking healthy, tasty, and cost-effective meals at home is the way to go.  

Now, of course it is cool to go out here and there but I am trying to make that the exception to the rule and not the rule itself. But if a girl like me is going to cook meals at home, I must make sure it taste good to me. So, I decided to try these babies right here and boy did they come out quite tasty. It was my first time making them....you should try them! They are simple, healthy, and tasty. YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT!!!     


INGREDIENTS: 

3 green bell peppers 
1 lb of lean ground turkey
1 chopped onion
1 can of campbell's tomato & rice soup 
1 can of El Pato tomato sauce 
shredded cheese 

DIRECTIONS: 

Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.


  • In a medium skillet, cook the ground turkey and chopped onions. Season to taste (I used garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper). Once the meat is cooked brown, combine in a pot with the tomato and rice soup. 
  • Cut bell peppers in half. Clean out the seeds and insides. Stuff the insides of the bell peppers with the contents that are in the pot. 
  • In a baking pan, lace the bottom with el pato sauce. Place the bell peppers in the baking pan and cover.
  • Cook the bell peppers for 30 minutes. Uncover the bell peppers and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes. 
TADAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! READY TO SERVE AND QUITE DELICIOUS MIGHT I ADD :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment