Wednesday, December 19, 2012

WEIGHT LOSS & THE HOLIDAYS

Holiday Weight Loss Thought: I was having a conversation the other day with someone so I thought I would share my opinion about weight loss and the holidays. It is my personal opinion that the healthiest approach to making it through the holidays is to focus on maintenance. Don't be so unrealistic and hard with yourself that you can't enjoy the festivities. On the other hand, don't throw away this time by gaining a whole bunch of unnecessary holiday weight. Eat reasonably, workout consistently to help off-set some of the extra calories you may intake from some of the treats. Limit yourself and exercise self control. Pick the treats and meals that matter most to you and enjoy those. For example, on Christmas I have a brunch with my adopted family, gumbo with my parents and then dessert with my entire family. GUMBO matters most to me. So, I won't be eating all the danishes and carbs with breakfast and dessert that night will be a very small portion and I just might make some fat-free brownies so I know there is something there for me to eat. And of course, I will be going for a run that morning. Heck, I may start incorporating a few 2-a-day workouts just to keep myself on track. Learn to tell yourself, 'No" so that you can tell yourself, "Yes." Don't forget to enjoy the MUSIC, THE LIGHTS, & ALL THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE. At least that's what makes the holidays special to me :-)

1 comment:

  1. These are good words of advice. I will make use of these. Peace!

    ReplyDelete