Saturday, December 22, 2012

MY HERO - AN EXCERPT FROM MY BOOK...


2008 was an epic year for me. At 21 years old, I had lost 100 pounds all by myself. That, my friends, is my definition of a miracle. When asked, who is my hero, I quickly respond 356-pound version of Liana. I have a relatively short list of heroes and she most certainly belongs on it. Why am I my own hero? That may sound a bit egocentric but it isn’t. It’s revolutionary. I often encounter people who have lost weight and when they look back on the heavier versions of themselves, they are disgusted. They are ashamed, embarrassed and uncomfortable with the image of what they used to be. That’s not my story. I give all the credit of who I am today to a very broken, wounded but courageous young lady who at 356 pounds, made a decision to fight for her own life. I was afraid but I was desperate and hopeful enough to take a chance. I took a chance on myself. When is the last time you took a chance on yourself?    

4 comments:

  1. i want to read your book! :) you, and the beautiful Jesus that is in you, inspire folks to do big things! :) Press on! Merry Christmas Liana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im def. a fan...cant wait till im able to purchase your book ..thank you for your story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read your book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go on Queen Liana! I am already your fan and admirer. I am on my own journey I know that will be reached. Merry Xmas and a prosperous New Year to you. Peace!

    ReplyDelete