Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Reflections on Day 209: THE TRAINING HAS BEGUN...

So, I am on interterm from school and I decided to go harder and sign up with a trainer....what was I thinking? JUST KIDDING! I think God has blessed me with the most amazing trainer. Nevertheless, my body is in pain. Has me doing things I've never seen done...lol...All in all, I am proud of myself. Today was day 2 of training and at the end of the session she had me running sprints. I was so tired by time I stepped on and she asked me if I wanted to stop but I paused for a second and while my body was screaming, "YES"...my mind said "NO"...Bob from the Biggest Loser has a saying, "Stand up and finish what you started."

That quote has stuck with me every since I heard it on the show. I came in there with one goal, FINISH! So I told her that I am going to finish. I am so proud of myself these days. I have never felt more accomplished in my life. I am not going to lie. All of my fears have not dissipated but as I continue to look fear in the face and not allow it to hinder me, I become stronger and stronger and more able to fight my fears. I am only at session 2 of the 8 training sessions but I am excited about the girl I will be on the other side of these sessions.

The thing I like about trainers is that they push you harder than you would ever push yourself. They surpasses my pre-set limitations and they teach me that I am stronger than I allow myself to believe. We all need people in our lives like that, whether they are your trainers or friends, mentors, pastors. whatever! You need to be in the midst of people who see a better you, in you and will not give up on you. I have been blessed with an entire community of people who do that for me, from friends to people from church to my trainer. I love it! I feel like I have an advantage over others because I have sooooo many people in my corner. I know that I was not strong enough to do all of this on my own, I would not even be proud or cocky enough to make such a claim. I've needed every ounce of support that has been provided to dig deep and push and here I am 137lbs lighter!

THE TRAINING HAS BEGUN AND I AM EXCITED TO FINISH STRONG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment