Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Who's Report Do You Believe?

I think God allowed/ordained last week to occur for a very specific reason. Let me explain. Two very significant events occurred...

On Wednesday, I was on campus with a couple of friends and we were sitting around just chatting and having a good time. A young man comes walking our direction (and as black people do when we are on a campus where many of us don't exist), we greet him. We begin to have small talk with him and as he is about to leave, he looks at me and says "Bye Gorgeous!"

It totally threw me off. I had to even ask my friend, once he left "did he say what I think he said" and she was like yes, "He called you Gorgeous." That was significant for many reasons...

1. Because I have never been called gorgeous by a man on my first time meeting him and it really struck me as odd before I was even willing to receive it....

2. Because he never seen me or met me before. I point to this because I am so used to people telling me how good I look or how beautiful I am but I can't help to always think they are saying I am pretty or looking good in comparison to "fat liana" but with this dude not so....he simply thought I was beautiful upon meeting me and it meant the world of a difference. He wasn't looking at a progressive Liana that he had seen transform over time. No, he thought the woman sitting directly in front of him was gorgeous as she is and not in comparison. My beauty was not relative to the past me. He saw me for me in that moment.

On Friday, I went out for a friend's birthday. We were going to a show and as we were walking to the show, we encountered a drunk man. The man began to walk with us and harass us. He was pretty scary. Anywho, when we went to redeem our tickets for the show, the man targeted me and began to make fat jokes about me saying how I need to purchase two seats. It really hurt, went deep, brought up pain from childhood and in that moment, I just wanted to be invisible. I felt so small and insecure, fat and undesirable....and it really set the tone for my night. I had to choose to not to allow it to ruin my fun on my friend's birthday because her night mattered to me. So I stuffed the pain, pushed past it and began to to deal with it at another time...

WHY ARE THESE TWO EVENTS MEANINGFUL? Because I can hear the voice of the Lord saying, "Who's Report Do You Believe?" (Isaiah 53:1)...I choose to believe the Report of the Lord!!!...this week has been an example, that the enemy is active & will bring false "reports" my way to get me off track and to believe something other than God's truth!. I had a professor say, "God's mission since the garden of eden has been to correct the lies of the enemy"...He got Adam and Eve with a lie and he often tries to get me with lies as well but I hear the voice of the Lord saying, "WHO'S REPORT WILL YOU BELIEVE, LIANA?"

AND TODAY, I CHOOSE THE REPORT OF THE LORD! I am fearfully and wonderfully made, marvelous are His works and that my soul knows very well...

1 comment:

  1. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!! "We shall believe the report of the Lord!"

    ReplyDelete